Under the BC Provincial Heat Alert Response System (HARS) , Environment Canada has provided a Heat Warning for the Okanagan. HARS is BC’s strategy for warning people about heat risk and provides actions to prepare and protect the population from extreme heat and increase overall resiliency.
We want to help raise awareness of the health risks that extreme heat can cause, as well as provide you with a list of resources to assist with the safety of those most vulnerable to heat risk. We have compiled a list of reliable and up-to-date information & resources, available below.
- BC Heat Alert Response System Document
- Interior Health Heat Alert & Response Planning Toolkit (infograph available for download below)
Local (Vernon & Area) Resources & Cooling Stations
- City of Vernon Recommendations
- Public Places to Find Water & Stay Cool (General)
- Public Places to Find Water & Stay Cool (Specific to UnHoused or Vulnerable)