· The Vernon Alliance Church Library is open to all of our regular church attendees.
· We require a Membership form to be completed before borrowing from the library. (You will note that we request the name of a reference on these forms.)
· There is a one-week waiting period after the application is handed in.
· All children under the age of 8 are required to be accompanied by a parent or a guardian.
· Please do not bring food or beverages into the library.
· The regular loan period for books is 3 weeks.
· DVDs, videos, CDs and audio tapes may be borrowed for one week with a limit of 4 items per household per week.
· Preferably, renewals should be made in person. We ask that you bring the book, DVD, video, or other item along for easier and faster processing. If you are unable to make your renewals in person at the library you may call the church office (250-545-7105) and leave a message with the library voice mailbox or call the librarian whose number appears on the brochure.
· Items may be renewed twice, unless they have been requested by someone else.
· Extended loans are offered to the home-bound, those going on vacation, or upon special request. Care Group or other teaching needs are also perfect reasons for an extended loan.
· When the library is not open, library returns should be made when the church is open. Please return all items to the slots by the library door whenever possible. An alternate library returns drop off slot is located above the stairs leading down to the library.
· Please do not use the slot at the west entrance of the building for library returns.
· Saturday: 30 minutes after the service.
· Sunday: 30 minutes after each service.
· Special Arrangements: If an item is needed during the week, please make your arrangements with a librarian preferably during regular library hours.
· The church staff will not grant access to the library for lending purposes.
Please return your media items and books when they are due. Thank you.
Any item already signed out, can be requested by the user. Please ask your librarian for a 'Request to Hold' form. This 'Request to Hold' form can be handed in directly to any librarian or can be placed into the appropriate mail slot in the lobby.
You will usually be contacted according to a ‘first-come-first-serve’ basis. If the item is not picked up within two weeks of your being contacted, it will be placed back in the shelf for other borrowers to use.
· All items that are 6 weeks overdue are considered ‘lost’.
· If an item is missing or damaged, the replacement cost will be required. If replacement is impossible, the value of the lost or damaged item will be charged to purchase a similar item.
Questions or Special Requests?
If you have any questions, comments, or special needs, please direct your questions to:
Beatrice Beach ~ 250-542-8944
If you would like to see a certain item placed in the library, please ask for a Request-to-Purchase form.