Prayer Shawl Ministry
But a Samaritan traveler who came upon him was moved with compassion at the sight"
What is Prayer Shawl Ministry?
It is a ministry that:
- is contemplative knitting of shawls with intention.
- sends love and compassion to a recipient of a shawl with each stitch, knitting comfort, encouragement, healing, peace.
- discovers and shares that praying with and for others is as meaningful as the shawls given away.
- celebrates and serves our Lord.
What is Needed to Get Involved?
- a generous heart and a desire to use our hands to knit the prayers of our hearts.
- any level or experience of knitting is welcome, including beginners!
- a willingness to laugh, pray, make new friends, share what we know and learn from one another.
- knitters may bring wool of your choice or some wool will be available.
When & Where?
Knitters meet every other Monday at 10am in room 204. Check the Monthly Calendar on the News/Events page to see the weeks that we meet. We will resume in the fall-watch for the start-up date.
For further information contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office.
If you wish to help us purchase wool please mark your offering to the benevolent fund, "wool".
If you know of someone who would benefit from receiving a prayer shawl please contact the above.